The other night I made a spur of the moment decision to participate in Booktubeathon, despite the fact I don’t have a booktube channel and this week really isn’t a good week for a reading challenge.
What can I say, I live life on the edge.
I’m aiming to complete at least 5 out of the 7 challenges. For those not in the know, the challenges are:
- Read a book with a person on the cover
- Read a hyped book
- Finish a book in one day
- Read about a character that is very different from you
- Read a book completely outdoors
- Read a book you bought because of the cover
- Read 7 books
#5 is impractical because I live in Scotland and it rains literally all the time, and seeing as I’ll be spending ALL of the only non-wet day left this week (Friday) inside at work, I’m just not seeing this happening. I really want to complete #7, but let’s be honest, it’s already Monday night, I haven’t started reading, and I’m working every day.
So, with all of that out of the way, here’s my TBR (Part 1) for the 2017 Booktubeathon (Part II will only come into existence if I read more than I expect to).
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor
- Days of Blood and Starlight, Laini Taylor
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters, Laini Taylor
- A Darker Shade of Magic, Victoria Schwab (hyped, bought because of the cover)
Are you participating in Booktubeathon? Any tips for juggling an insane working week with reading? What’s your current TBR?