This week’s Top 10 Tuesday prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish was ’10 Books from X Genre You’ve Added to Your TBR List’. Now, I’m aware it’s no longer Tuesday, but I love a good old bookish tag as much as the next person, and why should I be restricted by days when joining in?
I’ve been getting back into Booktube recently (in an effort to make my YouTube procrastination somewhat productive), which means I’ve been exposed to a lot of books in a very short time. Some of these I have absolutely no interest in, but quite a few have piqued my interest and made their way onto my TBR list. I am particularly susceptible to fantasy books, because they’re my fave.
So, without further ado, here are 10(ish) fantasy books from my TBR list.
- Three Dark Crowns, Kendare Blake. Triplet princesses who have to fight to the death to become Queen? I’m already hooked.
- And I Darken, Kiersten White. Fantasy + historical fiction set in the Ottoman Empire? How is anyone not interested?
- Strange the Dreamer, Laini Taylor. I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about this book, I can’t wait to finally pick it up and read it.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor. Whilst we’re here, I’ve had Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my shelf back in Australia for about a year. Prague, monsters, blue hair. Must. Read. Sounds. So. Good.
- The Scorpio Races, Maggie Stiefvater. Another longstanding TBR. Magical water horses. Need I say anything else?
- Bloodhound, Tamora Pierce. I love Tamora Pierce. I’ve loved every book of hers I’ve ever read. I loved Terrier, the first book in this series, when I read it, but I never read the rest of the series. I want to change that. And also re-read every Tamora Pierce book ever. TAMORA PIERCE.
- Blood for Blood, Ryan Graudin. Wolf by Wolf was possibly my favourite read of 2016. Yeah, I called it. When I realised it was part of a duology rather than a standalone I lost my shit. I loved it. So obviously, I’m dying to read the sequel.
- The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson. It’s pretty impossible to be into fantasy and not have heard of Brandon Sanderson. He’s written so much, and it all sounds so good. So really, this is just ‘every Brandon Sanderson novel ever’, but I own The Way of Kings so that seems like a good place to start. Although it’s so long, so that’s terrifying.
- Grass for His Pillow, Lian Hearn. Across The Nightingale Floor was another highlight of 2016, so this is another must finish series!
- Inkdeath, Cornelia Funke. Inkheart was possibly my favourite childhood book. I read it obsessively. I never got around to reading the final book in the trilogy however. I want to remedy this, but I want to do it properly and marathon all three books. As I’m not planning on repurchasing them, this may have to wait until I’m reunited with my Australian bookshelf.
So there we are, 10 fantasy books from my TBR list. Are any of these on your TBR list? Or have you read any? If so, what did you think?