After spending quite a few months in a state of emotional exhaustion (caused either by anxiety, travel, or being busy), on Sunday night my body decided enough was enough. As a result, I’ve spent most of the start of this week resting (more accurately, being forced to rest). As a result, my update is a little late this week.
Last Week’s Goals
- Write 1 scene per day. I finished the week having written four (and a bit) scenes. That’s two thirds of my goal, so I’m calling it a semi-success.
Upload chapter 2 to CP drive.
- Prepare chapters 3 and 4 for CP drive. Ah. Yes. This hasn’t quite yet happened. Sorry CP!
Read King Rat.I didn’t end up reading King Rat. Alex was reading it, which meant it spent most of the week hiding wherever he hides books. Instead I read The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. Blog x6. Upload pictures for week 2 of the bookstagram tags I’m taking part in. Work out overall chapter structures and layout for Blood of Kings. There are still a few chapters that are a little hazy, but on the whole I have a plot structure/chapter structure! And also a new working title (thanks to some cheeky little world building I did): Blood of Queens. Ooh so different. Wow.
On the whole, things went really well last week until Sunday night. I had planned to write the final two chapters for my week after work on Sunday, and upload them to my CP drive. Instead, I got back from post-work Sunday night dinner feeling a bit off. This led to the decision to snuggle up in bed with my good old YouTube videos, and ended up with me waking up at 7am on Monday in a lot of neck pain, feeling thoroughly poorly. As a result, the start of this week has been a bit of a write-off productivity wise. I’m not upset about it though. My body was very clearly sick of me ignoring all the subtle messages that I needed a rest, so it sent me a few that were slightly more difficult to ignore. I’m still not feeling great, but I can concentrate enough through the brain fog to write this blog post, so hopefully we’re getting back on track. We’re also now over halfway through May, so I thought it might be a good time to see how I’m going with my monthly goals.
- Get half way through Blood of Queens. I don’t think this will happen, but you never know. I’m more realistically aiming to get between 1/4 and 1/3 of the way through (between 10 and 13 chapters).
- Upload 1 chapter per week for my CP to read. So far, so good, although I’m a little behind schedule this week.
- Read 3 books. 1 down, currently reading 2.
- Blog x6 per week. Doing well so far.
- Participate in an Instagram challenge on my new bookstagram. Not only if this going well, I’m loving it!
- Continue to add to Pinterest boards for Blood of Queens. Also going well, although not as much of a strict focus as the others.
With all of that in mind, here are this week’s goals (even though we’re half way through the week already!).
This Week’s Goals
- Read Independence or Union and Nevernight every day. I’m not planning on finishing either of these books this week, but I’m trying to read from both.
- Finish chapters 3 & 4 and upload to CP drive. This probably won’t happen until Friday (or maybe even Saturday), but it will happen.
- Prepare chapter 5 for CP. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Blog x4.
- Upload images for week 3 prompts to Instagram. This will mean uploading two photos a day for a bit, but I’m confident I can get it done.
I will be continuing to rest (where possible) this week, so don’t expect miracles. I hope your week has gotten off to a better start than mine!