Goodness me I am exhausted. Last week was go go go, and now that I’ve finally had time to stop I’m about ready to sleep for days! Last Wednesday I started at my new job, which was amazing, but the training was quite intense and the days were long. Add on working weekends, and also doing tours, and you get a very tired little introvert. Very content, but very tired.
Last Week’s Goals
- Write 10 scenes. This did not happen. I had every intention to write when I got home from work training, but the characters wouldn’t cooperate, my mind felt all fuzzy, and it was easier to curl up on the couch with my eyes closed.
Upload chapter 1 to CP driveand prepare chapter 2 for next week. I’m hoping to get chapter 2 up onto the drive tonight, but that’s definitely only a 50% success here.
- Get Nevernight at least 50% complete. Ok. I’m not DNF-ing Nevernight, but I am putting it aside. I’ve been trying for two weeks to get into this book, but I just can’t. I’m about 100 pages in, and I just really still don’t care. So, in the interest of staying out of a reading slump, I’m moving on. Not sorry.
Blog x6.Success! Upload pictures for the first 7 days of the bookstagram tag, plus 1 additional (non-tag related) picture.I’m LOVING bookstagram at the moment. Come over and hang out with me (link above). Continue pinning, focusing on settings and characters. Done.
Considering how busy I was last week, and how much of my evenings I spent lying on the couch with my eyes closed, I’m pretty impressed with how much I got done. Of course, I’ve still got a long way to go before I’m at my ideal productivity levels, but this is still the learning curve stage. Bear with me.
This Week’s Goals
- Write 1 scene per day. This isn’t a huge goal, but at least that should make it achievable. Seeing as I’m working every day this weeks (tours Monday to Thursday, museum Friday-Sunday), I think one scene a day is a good aim.
- Upload chapter 2 to CP drive. Hopefully this will happen tonight.
- Prepare chapters 3 and 4 for CP drive. 1 scene a day will definitely be at least 2 chapters, so hopefully 3 and 4 will be ready to go by next Monday!
- Read King Rat. I’m fighting the reading slump blues by diving back to a book I absolutely loved the first time I read it. It’s also relatively short, which is nice.
- Blog x6.
- Upload pictures for week 2 of the bookstagram tags I’m taking part in.
- Work out overall chapter structures and layout for Blood of Kings. This should help with the reading slump, as I’ll hopefully have a plan of what needs to happen in every chapter.