Well, July was a clusterfuck of a month. In fact, I can’t quite believe it’s already over considering how solidly unproductive I was.
Last Week’s Goals
Just write SOMETHING for Blood of Kings.
- Finish at least one book – Nope.
- Write 6 blog posts – Nope.
- Visit ALL the WIPpeteers and two other blogs – Nope.
Make a sizeable dent in my monographs/book chapters for my thesis research Write something for my thesis supervisor (undecided exactly what this something will be). Start typing up my research notes
Ok, maybe last week wasn’t that bad.
Let’s review the month, shall we.
- Complete initial manuscript draft (approx. 31 chapters) – I still don’t quite understand WHY I thought this was going to happen…
- Read 5 books (18/50) – Well, I changed my year goal from 50 books to 25, but I still didn’t actually finish a book this month…
- Blog x6 a week – Not quite.
Thesis research– I’d say this went pretty well. Develop Tanekan world building/culture
- Develop major characters’ info
Yeah, not exactly a success.
Maybe I’m being too hard on myself though? I’m doing pretty well thesis wise, which I suppose technically is the most important. And we all know that motivation for everything in life (including writing) comes in ebbs and flows)…
- Finish chapter 1 of thesis
- Start chapter 2 of thesis
- Begin to draft introduction of thesis
- Write 50% of Blood of Kings
- Finish two books
- Write 5 blog posts per week
This Week’s Goals
- Plan (in detail) chapter 1 of thesis
- Continue thesis research
- Write introduction section of chapter 1
- Write 1,500 words per day of Blood of Kings
- Finish Five Go Off in a Caravan
- Write 5 blog posts
Are you panicking because July is over? What’s your priority this round? Talk to me!