I finally made some substantial progress last week. It probably helped that a) I had a meeting with my thesis supervisor on Tuesday and therefore really felt as though I needed to get my butt into gear so I didn’t sound like an idiot and b) I was home all week in the rain dog sitting and therefore had no social interaction to distract me.
I’m still working on balancing my thesis commitments with everything else I want to achieve, but I think that will get there in its own time rather than by me forcing it.
Last Week’s Goals
- Reach chapter 14 of Blood of Kings or (figuratively) die trying – I didn’t figuratively die trying, I just didn’t quite get around to this.
- Finish The Fellowship of the Ring. – I’ve been falling asleep to early recently for listening to my audiobook, and being stuck at home last week dog sitting robbed me of my commute listening time. I am currently half way through Five Have A Wonderful Time though, so that’s sort of reading progress.
Write 6 blog posts. Visit at least 3 other blogs. Complete all my thesis research articles.I read 26 journal articles last week. That’s a lot of articles.
- Continue reading Journey to the Hebrides. – I decided that this wasn’t really a priority just yet.
This Week’s Goals
- Just write SOMETHING for Blood of Kings.
- Finish at least one book
- Write 6 blog posts
- Visit ALL the WIPpeteers and two other blogs
- Make a sizeable dent in my monographs/book chapters for my thesis research
- Write something for my thesis supervisor (undecided exactly what this something will be).
- Start typing up my research notes
Any tips for balancing competing priorities?