We’re half way through February already!! How did this happen? This time next week I’ll be on a plane from Singapore bound for Australia, and my trip to the UK will be over (until I return next year obviously). *tears*
Last Week’s Goals
Written description/overview of countries: Obviously I went into the most detail with Taneka as that’s where Rebellion is set, but it was nice to jot down my ideas for the other countries that make up the continent (which doesn’t have a name yet). I’m looking forwards to the last week of February and being reunited with my sketchbook so I can add things to my maps! Detailed description and notes for Carithno: Done, for the most part. There’s definitely more to add, but that can happen in fits and starts as I keep moving forwards!
- Brainstorm clothing styles: I decided not to focus on this, instead moving it to the last week of February in my schedule. So no, but that’s ok.
Finish at least one book:I finished Throne of Glass the day I posted last week’s check in, but I felt like it would have been lying if I’d counted that goal as achieved then. And, as planned, I smashed out the final 8 hours of Prince of Fools on my return trip to London on Thursday (most likely achieved due to me deliberately not bringing anything else to entertain me for the journeys). So that’s two! Visit the WIPpeteers and a few ROW80 people: I made it around to all the WIPpeteers but I didn’t comment on everyone’s I don’t think (sorry).
This Week’s Goals
- Brainstorm clans details: Taneka is made up of lots of clans (think the Scottish highlands) and I want to spend some time this week working out what the clans are called, where they’re located, what marks they use (more on that another time), and that sort of thing.
- Explore religions: I’m not going to go hugely in depth with this but I want to explore the various religions in my head and work out where they belong and what role (if any) they play in Rebellion
- Finish at least two books: This may sound like a lot but remember, I have two longhaul flights between now and next Monday. I have around 4 hours left of The Silver Brumby audiobook, and I want to finish The Liar’s Key (sequel to Prince of Fools) this week as well!
- Enjoy my last week in Scotland: I won’t be back for at least a year, probably longer, and I want to make the most of my remaining time her. So don’t be offended if I don’t pop round to your WIPpet or anything like that this week, I’ll do my best but at the moment my time in Edinburgh is my first priority!
I hope February is treating all of you as well as it’s treating me. Productivity wise, at least!