Oooh, and extra surprise post! What brought this on you ask? Well, I was nominated byMaryan over at 1Booklife for the Liebster Award.
Here are the rules:
I’ll be honest, I’ve been nominated for this award before, so I might deviate slightly from the rules, but that will come later.
First thing’s first: 11 random facts about me
- Polystyrene (styrofoam in the states) makes me feel physically ill. Looking at it, the sound it makes, touching it. I HATE polystyrene.
- I eat tomatoes like apples, and always have.
- I really dislike tomato sauce (ketchup).
- I wish I was bilingual/multilingual but LOTE (languages other than English) education is pretty shitty in Australia.
- I can speak bits of Indonesian, German, French, Japanese, Italian and Russian, but not enough to say I actually ‘speak’ the language.
- I have a notebook problem. A serious one.
- I’ve watched the Lord of the Rings extended edition special features so many times I actually know what they talk about in each section.
- Even though I grew up in Australia (and currently live here) I feel most at home in Scotland.
- I saw the Little Mermaid at Imax when I was little and Ursula scared me so much I haven’t watched it since.
- I used to be so scared of fire I wouldn’t let my family use candles at dinner.
- I have to peel all the chocolate off a magnum, then eat the ice cream, then eat the chocolate. I can’t eat magnums in public…
Next, 1booklife’s 11 questions:
- What is your favourite colour? Red, because it’s the colour of James from Thomas the Tank Engine and it’s also just the best colour ever.
- What are the top 5 things you would like to do in your lifetime? Travel, publish a book, learn a language fluently, build/renovate my own home, get my PhD.
- What is your favourite song, ever? I honestly don’t think I have one…
- If you could go anywhere, at any time is the past or present, where? I’m sure I’m supposed to pick a cool answer, but honestly at this stage probably just back to Scotland. Wait. Or happy post-Aragorn’s coronation Middle Earth. Or happy pre-Sauron’s nonsense Middle Earth.
- If you could meet any person tomorrow, who would it be? This is WAY too much pressure. ANY person? No limitations? OH GOD I DON’T KNOW. Legolas. My mind just went with Legolas. Orlando Bloom style Legolas though, my first true love. That’s a bad answer…
- What colour takes up a majority of your closet? Black. Or burgundy.
- What is your dream job. Author.
- If you had the choice what would you be, a cyborg or a hybrid? Hybrid. Assuming that’s two species crossed together. That would be mad cool.
- Sweet or salty? Both!
- Where would you like to live/travel? I’d like to travel pretty much anywhere I can. I’d like to live in Edinburgh. Have you noticed that I miss Edinburgh? Other living options are Iceland, Venice, and Lake Como.
- What is your favourite song lyric right now? Um…I don’t know. I’m not great at the whole song thing.
So at this point I’m supposed to ask 11 questions and tag 11 bloggers, but seeing as I’ve already done this before I’m not going to do that. Instead, I’m going to ask you in the comments to tag a blog you think I should check out!
See you tomorrow for a goals update!